Updated: Sep 12, 2019
This printer maintenance kit provides you with the most commonly used parts that wear. Replacing these worn parts will allow for maximum paper feed along with quality print performance
Models using this kit: M4555
Instruction Version: 01/27
Expected Duty Life: 225,000 pages
OEM Part Number: CE731A
1 Transfer Roller RM1-0699
8 Feed/Separation Rollers RM1-0037
1 Fusing Assembly RM1-7395
------------------ WARNING ------------------
Turn the printer off, unplug it, and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before performing these maintenance procedures.
Transfer Roller Removal and Replacement
1. Open toner access door and tray 1
2. Remove toner cartridge
3. Lift the gear (Left side) of the transfer roller up using the blue hook included with the transfer roller.
4. Slide to the left and remove
5. Slide right side of roller into right bushing
6. Align left side collar making sure the open end is face down and push in
CAUTION: Do not touch the surface of the transfer roller. Contact with skin oils can cause print quality problems
Other Helpful Resources
Tray 1 pickup roller & separation Roller
1. Open tray 1
2. Open the cover to the left of the rollers, lift the tab on the separation roller, and then slide the roller off of the
3. Pull the envelope feeder cover straight out of the product to remove it. (Black bar with blue pull tab)
4. Remove one screw, push down tray 1 roller shaft bushing and slide it to the left to remove.
5. Slide tray 1 pickup and feed roller cover to the left and lift to remove. Remove the pickup and feed rollers and
install the new rollers.
6. To replace tray 1 separation roller open the roller access door grab the separation blue extension and slide to
the left to remove.
7. Remove the separation pad. Use a flat blade screw driver to pry the separation pad up and out of the printer.
8. Install in reverse order.
Tray 2 Feed, Pickup & Separation Roller Removal and Replacement
1. Remove the tray from the printer.
2. Locate the rollers in the top of the tray cavity. Pinch the tab on the pickup roller, feed roller, or separation roller to
release them. Then slide the roller off of the shaft.
3. Install the new rollers.
Fusing Assembly Removal and Replacement
1. Remove output bin, base assembly and duplexer accessory.
2. Remove the fuser-entrance guide.
3. Flex the rear hinge-pin located at the left of the fuser-entrance guide until it clears the mounting hole in frame.
4. Rotate the rear of the guide away of the printer and slide the guide to the left to release the front hinge-pin. Remove
the fuser-entrance guide.
5. Squeeze the two blue tabs on the fuser to release it, and then slide it out of the printer.
6. Install the fuser assembly. Then reinstall the other assemblies in reverse order.
Resetting the Maintenance Count
1. Turn printer on, at the control panel, select the Administration menu, and then select the Manage Supplies menu.
2. Select the Reset Supplies option, Select New Maintenance Kit, and then Yes.
3. To verify proper reset of the maintenance count:
a.) Select the Administration menu, and then select the Manage Supplies menu.
b.) You can then select Supplies Status. You will now have the option to print or view the supplies.
c.) If not, repeat steps 1 through 2
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.