Certified Remanufactured Printer Warranty Terms or Conditions
Warranty and Technical Support Process:
Metrofuser has taken every step to ensure that the printer arrives in good working order. However due to the extensive mechanical nature of New and Remanufactured printers occasionally components need adjustments after transportation and handling. Metrofuser stands behind the products it remanufactures with a comprehensive array of US based support.
STEP 1: Contact Metrofuser.
STEP 2: Technical support staff will research the problem and contact the customer whom is prepared to undertake troubleshooting on the phone, usually within 24 hrs.
STEP 3: lf the problem can not be resolved on the phone, at Metrofuser’s discretion, a permanent replacement part or printer will be sent to the customer, an onsite engineer dispatched or the faulty unit will be collected for depot repair.
Please note: Warranty valid in the USA only. Items shipped out of the country are not covered for replacement or on-site repair. However, English telephone based technical support or replacement parts are still covered for the warranty period designated on the warranty registration.
Service Level Aims:
Our goal is to respond to all support ticket requests within 24 working hours of receipt with telephone based technical support. If phone based technical support does not resolve the problem Metrofuser will dispatch a part, replacement printer or onsite technician by the end of the next business day
Warranty & Technical Support Benchmarks:
Metrofuser published performance is as follows: 80% of all printer issues can be solved over the phone.
Extent of Printer Warranty
Metrofuser warranties that its products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the warranty period, or in the case of standard equipment for the full life of the OEM maintenance life cycle. (Specified by the OEM when printer is sold new)
Warranty is 6 months from date of purchase. Please refer to your invoice to locate start date. The warranty duration begins on the date of purchase by the end user customer, except when the dealer stocks the printer for resale. In this case the warranty automatically begins 6 months after the invoice date to the dealer.
Pickup Customers Removing Packaging Voids Warranty
Printers have very sensitive mechanical components and frames. It is highly recommended that customers use the packaging we have designed and provided during transit and shipping. If a customer chooses to pick up a printer and not to use our packaging it will void the warranty.
Limited warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and do not apply to any:
• Improper or inadequate maintenance or modification (other than modifications manufactured by Metrofuser)
• Software, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by Metrofuser, or the OEM
• Operation outside the product’s specifications other than expressly pre-sale agreed operation with Metrofuser (such as cartridge testing)
• For all printer products, the use of a non-OEM ink or toner cartridge or a remanufactured ink or toner cartridge does not affect either the warranty to the customer or any Metrofuser support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is attributed to the use of consumable item, Metrofuser will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage.
Additional provisions of the warranty:
• If Metrofuser receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in any hardware product, which is covered by Metrofuser warranty, Metrofuser shall either repair or replace the defective product, at Metrofuser s option;
• Metrofuser shall have no obligation to repair, or replace until the customer returns the defective product to Metrofuser. In most cases, however, customers in good standing will be issued replacement parts on an advanced exchange basis.
• Metrofuser shall have no obligation to expedite or perform differently any of its warranty management services to meet different customer requirements that have not been agreed in writing prior to the transaction.
• Metrofuser shall have no obligation to perform any replacement, repair or site visit for customers who refuse or are unavailable to perform telephone based technical support on the printer with Metrofuser staff.
• Metrofuser shall have no obligation to refund the purchase of a printer and all Warranty claims or other disputes will he resolved by repair or replacement only.
• Metrofuser will not accept any returns that are not authorized by a management employee of Metrofuser and accompanied with an official RMA number.
• Any replacement product will ideally be an exact model replacement may also be either a new or refurbished equivalent, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
• Metrofuser will send replacement parts or printers by ground transportation and is under no obligation to send product by expedited service
• In the event an engineer needs to be dispatched to site to repair, Metrofuser at its discretion, will organize the engineer in a timely manner (usually within 48 hours)
Metrofuser’s standard warranty period is 6 months. During that time, Metrofuser will repair or replace any and all defective parts that do not fall under the previously defined exceptions and are not any of the following: Toner cartridges, ribbons or ink cartridges
• Drum or other photoconductive components
• Image transfer belts
Extended warranties are also available. However, the following parts are considered to be “consumables” by the printing industry:
• Image Transfer Kits
• Paper Path Rollers
As such, these parts are warranted for the first 6 months OR for the specific number of pages that the OEM designed them to print before they are due to expire. These parts should be replaced in the normal course of ownership and maintenance of the product.
A page count and serial number will be recorded at the time of purchase by Metrofuser. In the event that a customer with an extended warranty printer needs a replacement for one of the “consumable” parts, Metrofuser reserves the right to require a configuration page be returned with the defective part. Should Metrofuser find that the page count on the printer reflects that the part has been in use beyond its duty cycle, Metrofuser reserves the right to charge the customer the exchange price for the part.
Types of Hardware Warranty Service
Listed below are the types of warranty support service that may be applicable to the Hardware Product you have purchased. All services may not be available in all countries or regions.
Customer Self Repair Warranty Service
Products are designed with many Customer Self Repair (CSR) parts to minimize repair time and allow for greater flexibility in performing defective parts replacement. If during the diagnosis period, METROFUSER identifies that the repair can be accomplished by the use of a CSR part, METROFUSER will ship that part directly to you for replacement. You are required to cooperate with METROFUSER in attempting to resolve the problem over the telephone. This may involve performing routine diagnostic procedures, installing software updates or patches, removing third party options and/or substituting options. If assistance is required, you can contact METROFUSER technical support and a technician will help you using online chat, email, or telephone. METROFUSER specifies in the documentation shipped with a replacement CSR part whether a defective part must be returned to METROFUSER. In cases where it is required to return the defective part to METROFUSER, you must ship the defective part back to METROFUSER within a defined period of time, normally five (5) to fifteen (15) days. The defective part must be returned with the associated documentation in the provided shipping material. Failure to return the defective part may result in METROFUSER billing you for the replacement. With a Customer Self Repair, METROFUSER will pay all shipping and part return costs and determine the courier/carrier to be used. The classification of CSR parts may vary by country or region.
Parts Only Warranty Service- Your METROFUSER Limited Warranty may include a parts only warranty service. Under the terms of parts only service, METROFUSER will provide replacement parts free of charge. If METROFUSER carries out the repair, labor and logistics costs are at your expense.
Advanced Unit Replacement Warranty Service-Your METROFUSER Limited Warranty may include an advanced unit replacement warranty service. Under the terms of the advanced unit replacement warranty service, METROFUSER will ship a replacement unit directly to you if the METROFUSER Hardware Product you purchased is diagnosed as defective. On receiving the replacement unit, you will be required to return the defective unit back to METROFUSER, in the packaging that arrives with the replacement unit, within a defined period of time, normally five (5) to fifteen (15) days. METROFUSER will incur all shipping and insurance costs to return the defective unit to METROFUSER. Failure to return the defective unit may result in METROFUSER billing you for the replacement unit.
Pick Up & Return Warranty Service- Your METROFUSER Limited Warranty may include a pick up and return warranty service. Under the terms of pick up and return service, METROFUSER will pick up the defective unit from your location, repair it, and return it to your location. METROFUSER will incur all repair, logistics, and insurance costs for this type of service.
Carry-in Warranty Service- Your METROFUSER Limited Warranty may include a carry-in warranty service. Under the terms of carry-in service, you will be required to deliver your METROFUSER Hardware Product to an authorized service location for warranty repair. You must prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated with transportation of the product to and from the service location. In addition, you are responsible for insuring any product shipped or returned to an authorized service location, and you assume risk of loss during shipping.
Mail-in Warranty Service-Your METROFUSER Limited Warranty may include a mail-in warranty service. Under the terms of mail-in service, you will be required to ship your METROFUSER Hardware Product to an authorized service location for warranty repair. You must prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated with transportation of the product to the repair location. In addition, you are responsible for insuring any product you ship, and you assume risk of loss during shipping. METROFUSER will return the repaired product to you and incur all logistics and insurance costs to return the product to you.