5 Benefits of Printer Service Training And Top FAQs
Having an untrained employee at any position in your company can be a scary thought. Elite companies have already awoken to the fact that their people are in fact their biggest competitive advantage. This has led to more emphasis being placed internally on effective recruiting, ongoing employee education and something HR people call “talent management”.
“If you think it’s expensive to train a technician, wait until you pay for the mistakes of an amateur.”
Learn More About Printer Repair Training:
Effective technical training programs are designed to ensure your printer service technicians are knowledgeable, efficient and cost-effective in the field. In most cases, a trained tech should be able to avoid common guesswork when servicing printers allowing them to save you and your customers time and money.
Here are five things trained printer technicians can do better to drive bottom-line benefits:
Diagnose printer issues quicker and more accurately.
Shorten laser printer service call times to achieve more calls per day.
Save on printer part costs with the appropriate parts ordered – only when needed.
Fewer callbacks or repeat service calls to resolve the original issue.
Improve customer satisfaction and retention of recurring revenue.
There’s an old saying “if you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur”. That’s is so true, isn’t it? Especially when it comes to untrained service people that may be spending hours in a customer’s office trying to figure out how to correct a problem and then ordering hundreds of dollars in printer parts that may not be needed. Can you relate?
Perhaps now is the time to rethink your service training strategy for A4 devices within your Managed Print program or for your T&M customers. Whether you provide access to online service training courses or you send your technicians to attend a hands-on training class, chances are your ROI on service training could surpass your training investments elsewhere in your organization. Often service technicians stay with an organization for several years so the investment tends to have long term benefits.
Ask us about our online and live service training programs to get an idea of what you can do with your people and your bottom line.
Printer Repair Training FAQs
What printer training formats are available?
• Scheduled instructor-led classes at multiple locations around the country
Do you have a train the trainer program?
• Yes please inquire.
What kind of instructor-led classes do you offer?
• Standard classes are designed for newer techs with less than 3 years experience in the field and IT-specific roles • Advanced Level classes slated toward seasoned techs and with more than 3 years experience in the field
How do I sign up printer technicians for instructor-led classes?
• Contact Printer Service Training Support at 908-245-2100
Do these classes make my techs HP or Lexmark certified?
• No, Our Training is third party training and so is our certification.
How can I get HP certified printer technicians?
• This is a two-step process beginning with your company becoming HP authorized to resell product first. To become authorized, go to www.hp.com, click on the Resources link followed by Partners and Developers.
• Once your company is able to resell the product, you can then get your service techs trained on the HP secure website, or send them to HP school.
Instructor-Led Printer Repair Training Classes FAQs
Where are your training locations?
• Currently, we have three training locations - Dallas, TX - Elizabeth, NJ - Santa Ana, CA