top of page

HP Printer Parts Technical Support Blog

Scroll down to view articles and results.

Help support Metrofuser so we can continue helping you.

Troubleshooting The HP M607 M608 M609 M610 M611 M612 M631 M632 M633 M634 M635 M636 Fuser RM2-1256 RM2-6778 E60055 E60065 E60075 E62555 E62565 Fuser Reset Problems

In the realm of business office printing, the HP LaserJet M607 printer stands as a workhorse, delivering reliable performance and crisp prints day in and day out.


Complaint: Multiple fusers not resetting.

Suggestion: Replace DC Controller.

If fuser does not reset maintenance count, 75% chance the fuser is bad and 25% chance the DC Controller is good. If second fuser does not reset the maintenance count, 75% chance the DC Controller is bad and 25% chance the fuser is good.

Models: M607 M608 M609 M610 M611 M612 M631 M632 M633 M634 M635 M636 Fuser RM2-1256 RM2-6778 E60055 E60065 E60075 E62555 E62565 Printers



However, like any mechanical device, it is not immune to occasional glitches and malfunctions. One recurring issue that has confounded users is the failure of the fuser page reset, often leading to frustration and lost productivity. While replacing the fuser unit may seem like the logical solution, in some cases, the root cause of the problem lies deeper within the printer's internal components – specifically, the DC controller.


The fuser unit in the HP M607 printer plays a critical role in the printing process, as it is responsible for fixing the toner onto the paper by applying heat and pressure. The fuser page reset error occurs when the printer fails to properly reset the page count after the fuser unit has been replaced, resulting in persistent error messages and print quality issues.


In many instances, users may attempt to resolve this issue by replacing the fuser unit itself, hoping to rectify the problem. However, if the error persists even after multiple fuser replacements, it may be indicative of a more systemic issue with the printer's DC controller.


The DC controller, or Direct Current controller, serves as the central hub for coordinating the various electrical components within the printer, including the fuser unit. If the DC controller malfunctions or fails, it can disrupt communication between the printer's components, leading to errors such as the fuser page reset failure.


Replacing the DC controller is a more involved and costly process compared to replacing the fuser unit. However, it may be necessary to restore the printer to full functionality and prevent further downtime and inconvenience.


Before proceeding with the replacement, it is advisable to consult with a qualified technician or HP service provider to diagnose the issue accurately and determine the most appropriate course of action.


While the failure of the fuser page reset in the HP M607 printer can be frustrating, it is important to consider all possible causes before attempting to address the issue. If replacing the fuser unit does not resolve the problem, it may be indicative of a deeper issue with the printer's DC controller. By identifying and addressing the root cause of the problem, users can ensure the continued reliability and performance of their HP M607 printer.

תגובות


bottom of page