30.01.44 Scanner Issue HP M525 30.01.44 Scanner Issue
I wanted to get some help on a HP M525 laser printer with the 30.01.44 scanner issue.
The Customer's M525 printer was working well until they had a H.D issue. After replacing H.D machine fired up but now we are getting the 30.01.44 error. I tried reformatting/reloading the newest F.W. but still have the issue. I disconnected, checked, reconnected H.D. and all connectors on formattor. Still get the error code.
Download firmware at this location:
Then follow these steps:
1) Turn printer off.
2) Disconnect Ethernet from network.
3) Insert FAT32 formatted thumbdrive with firmware update in the root directory (must be the .bdl file, not the .zip file) into the USB port on/near the control panel.
4) Turn the printer on.
5) Touch the HP logo in the center of the screen until the Pre-Boot menu opens.
6) Highlight ADMINISTRATION and hit OK.
7) Highlight MANAGE DISK and hit OK.
8) Highlight BOOT DEVICE and hit OK.
9) Highlight SECURE ERASE and hit OK (This should take about 5-10 seconds).
10) Hit the back button a few times until you see the option for DOWNLOAD. Highlight PARTIAL CLEAN and hit OK.
11) Highlight FORMAT DISK and hit OK (It should tell you that you will need to rewrite firmware, hit OK).
12) Highlight DOWNLOAD and hit OK.
13) Highlight USB THUMBDRIVE and hit OK. It should display the filename of the firmware file on your thumbdrive. Hit OK to start the firmware update/rewrite.
14) When the display says "CLOSING REPOSITORY, hit the back button until CONTINUE is highlighted then hit OK.
The printer will reboot. It may go blank or shut itself off and turn back on or reboot again. It may even come up with a USED BOARD or DISK error. This is normal, do not interfere, just let it do its thing. It will take a few minutes and eventually it should require that you enter setup information like the language, date and time.
Other Helpful Laser Printer Service Technical Support Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers, and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits, and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest-growing companies five consecutive years.