Troubleshooting The Blank, Black or No Display on the The HP Laser Printer Control Panel
The are some HP Laser printers with control panel issues with a black, blank, or no display. These touch screen control panel failures will show the following symptoms:
• Display is blank – no text or graphics are visible.
• The back light of the display may be ON or OFF.
• The Heartbeat LED IS NOT lit.
• The “Smiley Face” Formatter Connectivity LED
1. Remove and re-seat the printer's formatter board along with memory, Fax PCA, HDD, CFM, or SSD (whichever is applicable)
2. Print engine test to confirm print engine operation (see manual)
3. Where control panel back light is lit without character, replace the printer's memory DIMM (if the memory DIMM is a firmware backup.
4. Where control panel back light is not lit, replace firmware or CFM
5. If a device failure meets the above criteria, replace the printer's formatter board.
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years. Visit us at http://www.metrofuser.com