Updated: Jan 11, 2019
How to Replace the HP M3027 M3035 P3005 Fuser Maintenance Kit Instructions
HP M3027 M3035 P3005 Printer Series Maintenance Kit Instructions
The following Parts are included in this maintenance kit:
1 Fusing Assembly: RM1-3717
1 Transfer Roller Assembly: RM1-1508
1 Tray 1 P/U Roller: RL1-0568
1 Tray 1 Separation Pad: RC1-0939
1 Tray 2 P/U Roller: RM1-3763
CAUTION: Fuser may be hot. Turn off printer, unplug it and allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes before performing these maintenance procedures.
Fusing Assembly Removal and Replacement
1. Remove Back cover:
a.) Open the face up delivery door and press the door down to disengage two door stops.
b.) Remove the two screws just above the door stops.
c.) Swing the bottom of the cover out first, and then the top.
2. Remove I/O cover:
a.) Rotate cover to clear the tabs on right side of cover.
3. Remove fusing assembly:
a.) Disconnect black cable above main power cord receptacle.
b.) Disconnect two cables on left side of fuser.
c.) Remove duplex inlet guide (below fuser) by lifting two locking tabs.
d.) Remove four screws from each corner of fuser.
e.) Pull fuser straight back.
4. Reassemble in reverse order
Transfer Roller Removal and Replacement
1. Open toner access lid.
2. Remove toner cartridge.
3. Locate the white bushing on left side next to the white drive gear.
4. Squeeze the tabs on the bushing and lift up.
5. Repeat to the right side (black bushing) and lift out of printer.
6. During installation make sure the spring fits securely into the bushing boss before snapping bushing into
Tray 1 Pickup Roller and Separation Pad Removal and Replacement
1. Open toner access cover
a.) Remove toner cartridge.
b.) Spread the pickup roller locks on each side of roller to release roller.
c.) With a small flat blade screwdriver, pry blue pad out and away from black holder.
d.) Align new pad on holder and press firmly to lock into place.
e.) Reinstall roller.
Tray 2 Pickup Roller Removal and Replacement
1. Lift printer off of optional Tray 3 (if installed) and remove paper tray.
2. Unlock left locking tab and rotate forward until bushing slides off.
3. Remove black plastic roller retaining bracket.
4. Slide roller to the left until right shaft clears bushing.
5. Lift roller out of printer.
6. Place spring loaded end of roller shaft into the left housing.
7. Slide roller to the right and rotate until roller locks into pickup shaft.
8. Reinstall black plastic roller retaining bracket, left side first.
9. Reinstall left bushing and lock into place.
Tray 2 Separation Pad Removal and Replacement
1. Remove tray 2 and remove paper.
2. Remove two screws on either side of pad and lift pad assembly out from tray.
3. Reinstall new pad.
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.