Fuser and Maintenance Kit Replacement Instructions for the HP 9000 9040 9050 Printers & MFPs
This printer maintenance kit provides you with the most commonly used parts that wear. Replacing these worn parts will allow for maximum paper feed along with quality print performance.
------------------ WARNING ------------------
Turn the printer off, unplug it, and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before
performing these maintenance procedures.
Models Used: 9000 9040 9050
Expected Duty Life: 350,000 pages
OEM Part Number: C9152A
1 fuser (RG5-5750)
1 transfer roller (RG5-5662)
2 pickup rollers (RF5-3340)
7 feed/sep. rollers
1. Open the left side door. If duplex unit is installed, remove it by pushing down on the green release lever and pulling it
towards you and out of the printer.
2. Locate the fuser’s left and right blue locking levers. Turn each one downwards 90 degrees to unlock the fuser.
3. Locate the handle at the rear center of the fuser. Lift it up and pull fuser out along the rails. When blue strap is visible on
the top of the fuser, grasp it and remove fuser from the printer.
4. With the blue locking levers in the downward position, grasp blue strap on the fuser and place it onto the fuser rails. Use
the rear center handle to slide fuser into machine until the rear of the fuser drops slightly.
5. Twist blue locking levers upward 90 degrees, towards the outside of the printer, until they snap into place. If fuser locking
lever will not turn, the fuser is not installed properly. Remove fuser and re-install.
6. Push envelope tabs down into "Paper" position.
7. Re-install the duplex unit if it was removed in step 1.
8. Close the left side door.
Feed/Separation Roller Removal & Replacement:
1. Pull tray 2 open until it stops.
2. Lift the front of the paper tray up slightly until it slides clear of the tray stop mechanism. Remove tray from printer. Do the same with tray 3.
3. Locate the 6 rollers inside the far right of the machine. Pinch the tabs at the end of the rollers and pull off of the shaft.
4. Install the new rollers by sliding them onto each shaft until they snap into place.
5. Re-install trays 2 and 3 in reverse fashion.
6. Use 3 remaining feed/separation rollers for optional tray 4 if the printer is so equipped.
7. Open tray 4 (if equipped) and remove all paper.
8. Locate release buttons on both sides of the inside of the paper tray, and slide the tabs towards the front of the tray and remove it.
9. Locate and remove remaining feed/separation rollers from PIU at the far right of printer.
10. Install rollers as described above.
11. Reinstall tray 4.
Transfer Roller Replacement:
1. Open front door of printer and rotate the green toner engaging lever downward to disengage toner cartridge.