Replacing The Formatter HP Color LaserJet CP3525
Replacing the Formatter HP Color LaserJet CP3525
The formatter board on the HP Color LaserJet CP3525 series printers is a commonly replaced part. Fortunately, replacing the formatter is a very simple procedure. Scroll down to view installation instructions for this formatter.
1. Turn the printer off, and disconnect the data cables from the formatter assembly.
2. At the rear of the printer, loosen the 2 black thumbscrews, and then grasp the thumbscrews and slide the formatter out of the printer. See picture below.
3. Move the black tabs toward each other, and gently pull the formatter board out from the printer.
4. If your old formatter has any extra memory installed (some do, some don't) you can transfer over any extra memory from your old formatter to your new formatter. To remove the memory chips, spread the little latches apart on each side of the DIMM slot, lift the DIMM upwards at an angle, and pull it out of the slot. See illustration below.
5. As you transfer the memory from your old formatter to your new formatter, notice the alignment notch (circled in picture below) which will help when installing the stick onto the new formatter. Handle the DIMM by its edges, align the notch on the DIMM and insert the DIMM at an angle into the similar slot on the new formatter.
8. Firmly press the DIMM into the slot. When installed correctly, the metal DIMM contacts will not be visible and the DIMM will "lock" into place.
8. Align the new formatter board into the guide tracks at the top and bottom of the slot, and then slide the new board into the printer until it rests in place. Tighten the thumbscrews to secure it.
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.