Updated: Sep 12, 2019
Removal and Installation of the cp5525, cp5225, M750 and M775 Transfer Belt
Shop for the CP5225, CP5525, M775 Transfer Kit ITB ETB Exchange CE979A, CE516A, CE979-67901, CE710-6790
This is the intermediate transfer belt assembly (ITB) for use in the HP Color LaserJet CP5225 CP5525 M750 M755 series, this is the ITB only. Replaces the following part #'s CE979A, CE516A, CE979-67901, CE710-6790
You need to replace the Transfer Belt (also called ITB or Transfer Kit) when the message "REPLACE TRANSFER KIT" displays on the control panel. You may also need to replace the Transfer Belt prior to that message, if you are experiencing print quality issues that aren't resolved by replacing the toner or by performing Calibrations.
Replacing the Transfer Belt (ITB, Transfer Kit) HP Color LaserJet CP5225 CP5525 M750 M755
1. Open the printer's right side door
2. Use both hands to grasp the blue levers, apply slight downward pressure, and pull the transfer belt assembly toward you at a downward angle.
3. Grasp the small handles on the transfer belt assembly (circled in blue in picture below), and begin gently pulling the assembly out towards you, until a set of 2 larger handles pop free on the sides of the transfer belt assembly.
4. Now grasp the larger handles on the transfer belt assembly, and continue pulling the transfer belt straight out of the printer until it is completely removed.
5. Avoid touching the surface of the new transfer belt. Install in reverse order, sliding it securely into the machine.
6. Now you can reset the New Transfer Kit setting ... At the control Panel, press the Home button. Open the "Administration" menu, then choose "Manage Supplies". Select the "Rest Supplies" option, and then choose "New Transfer Kit." Use the Down Arrow button to highlight the word "Yes", and then press Ok to select it.
6. After replacing the Transfer Belt, it's a good idea to perform a Full Calibration (or even several Full Calibrations in a row, if you are having print quality issues). Full Calibrations help with print quality by aligning the color tones, the drums, and the color plane. Each Full Calibration takes about 4 minutes. To perform a Full Calibration: Press Home button to enter the menus. Press Down Arrow to highlight SYSTEM SETUP and press OK. Press Down Arrow to highlight PRINT QUALITY and press OK. Press Down Arrow to highlight COLOR CALIBRATION and press OK. Next, choose CALIBRATE NOW and press OK. Wait for the printer to calibrate (up to 4 minutes), and then print a test page. If print quality still needs improvement, repeat the Calibration. If multiple Calibrations don't help, some of the toner cartridges may need replacement.
Other Helpful Resources
How to reset page counts from the control panel.
To reset cp5525: Press home Home button on the control panel. Open Administration Menu. Choose the Manage Supplies option. Choose the reset supplies option. Choose transfer kit option. Use down arrow button to highlight the word "YES" and press "OK". Once you press "OK", The printer will start warming up until the control panel comes "READY".
To find the life of the cp5525 Transfer Kit: Press Home Button. Scroll down to Supplies and hit "OK". Scroll down to Transfer Kit and hit "OK". Print Supply Status and hit "OK". The printer will print the supply status page and you will find the life of the transfer Kit.
To reset M775: Press home Button. Go to Manage Supplies. Hit reset Supplies. On the right side of the control panel, Press Transfer Kit and Hit "RESET". One you press "RESET", The printer will start warming up until the control panel comes "READY".
To find the life of the M775 Transfer Kit: Press Home Button. Swipe to the left with your finger. Hit "SUPPLIES". Highlight "SUPPLIES SUMMARY" and press the printer icon at the lower right corner. The printer will print the Supplies Status Page and you will find the life of the transfer Kit on page 2.
There is no reset for the CP5225
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.