Updated: Sep 12, 2019
Today we will be reviewing the procedure of removing and installing the HP M351 M451 M375 M475 M476 CP2025 CM2320 Transfer Belt, Part number RM1-4852
Alternate Part Number : RM1-4852-000CN (RM2-0192-000CN)
Typically this is done when the message "REPLACE TRANSFER KIT" displays on the control panel. You may also need to replace the Transfer Belt prior to that message, if you are experiencing print quality issues that aren't resolved by replacing the toner or by performing Calibrations
Whats it do?
Transfers image from toner cartridges to the paper
Avoid touching the black plastic transfer belt. Skin oils on the belt might cause print-quality problems. Lift the ITB as shown below by using the hard-plastic edges of the ITB.
Start by making sure the printer is off for at least 15 minutes and unplugged. Approach the printer from the right side and open the door.
200,000 page yield estimated
This transfer belt available at in an number of different options at metrofuser
There is no page count reset for the fuser page or maintenance kit . This printer does not track page counts for maintenance.
HP M351 M451 M375 M475 M476 CP2025 CM2320 Transfer Belt RM1-4852 is compatible with the following HP Printers
HP Color LaserJet CM2320fxi
HP Color LaserJet CM2320n
HP Color LaserJet CM2320nf
HP Color LaserJet CP2025
HP Color LaserJet CP2025dn
HP Color LaserJet CP2025n
HP Color LaserJet CP2025x
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M351
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dn
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476nw
HP LaserJet Pro 300 Color MFP M375nw
HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451dw
HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw
HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn
HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw
Replacing the Transfer Belt (ITB, Transfer Kit) HP M351 M451 M375 M475 M476 CP2025 CM2320 Fuser Transfer Belt RM1-4852
1. First open the front door, and pull out the drawer which holds the toner cartridges. Remove your toner cartridges from the printer.
2. Next you will remove the toner drawer itself. Use a small flat head screwdriver to release a retaining tab on the front left side of the printer, tab is circled in picture below.
2. Begin pulling the drawer away from the printer and rotate the drawer to the right as you remove it, to completely release it from the printer.
3. With the front door open, remove 2 screws that secure the color-misregistration sensor assembly.
4. See picture below -- carefully rotate the color-misregistration assembly out & away from the printer & transfer belt. (See picture below -- you aren't removing the assembly from the printer, just rotating it out of the way.)
5. Disconnect the plug shown in picture below.
6. Next you will release the front of the transfer belt assembly from its catches. Lift up carefully on the front plastic edges of the transfer belt assembly to release it from its catches.
7. Next you will release the rear side of the transfer belt assembly -- Open the rear door of the printer. You will probably want to stretch and keep one hand supporting the front side of the belt assembly so it doesn't fall back in place... at the rear, carefully lift up on the sheet-metal portion of the transfer belt assembly (see callout 1 in picture below) to release it.
8. With both sides released, you can pull the transfer belt assembly straight out .
9. Avoid touching the surface of the new transfer belt. Install in reverse order, sliding it securely into the machine.
10. Reattach the color misregistration assembly.
11. After replacing the Transfer Belt, it's a good idea to perform a Full Calibration (or even several Full Calibrations in a row, if you are having print quality issues). Full Calibrations help with print quality by aligning the color tones, the drums, and the color plane. Each Full Calibration takes about 4 minutes.
To perform a Full Calibration:
Press MENU to enter the menus.
Press Down Arrow to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE.
Press Checkmark to select CONFIGURE DEVICE.
Press Down Arrow to highlight PRINT QUALITY.
Press Checkmark to select PRINT QUALITY.
Press Down Arrow to highlight FULL CALIBRATE NOW.
Press Checkmark to select FULL CALIBRATE NOW.
Wait for the printer to calibrate (usually takes 4 minutes or so), and then print a test page. If print quality still needs improvement, repeat the Calibration. If multiple Calibrations don't help, some of the toner cartridges may need replacement.
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.