Hands On Printer Repair Training Is Hands Down The Best Choice and Here's Why
Over the years we have seen many companies try and introduce online or virtual training to the printer repair industry as a viable alternative to hands on.
Hands On Printer Repair Training Courses Vs Online Learning
To date none of the online printer repair training platforms have been able to replace or even compete with hands on training. It's not due to the short comings of the authors, in fact many of them are excellent, experienced technicians.
While online or digital learning is an excellent replacement in many educational disciplines it does not work for technical services.
For some students, nothing beats speaking directly to the instructor, as a healthy percentage of communication includes body language and other nonverbal cues. This can be accomplished in physical classrooms.
Why is this? Because of the fundamental reality that humans are social beings. The young and an increasing number of adults now find themselves active on social media, but their search for connections show that people crave human interaction.
Physical interaction is the best way to learn, communicate, and attain memories. It’s a fact that all meaningful relationships are developed through personal interactions, with the strongest connections made when there is time spent together.
Online printer repair training may adversely affect the quality of the training given because there are barriers to achieving the full extent of teacher to student interaction, thus making some learning objectives impossible to acquire.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin
There are more instances of miscommunication and misinterpretation in online printer repair training than those done face-to-face. It is difficult to properly convey emotion in a chat or email; in terms of receiving the message, it can be over- or under-appreciated.
When there is large body of material to be presented, instructor-led, hands on programs remain the most effective and efficient method.
Intense requirement for self-discipline
Online printer repair training courses usually have self paced assignments and lectures, etc. That’s not the problem. The problem is the time management and organization skills necessary to stay on top of your work, allot an appropriate amount of time to complete each task and balance your coursework against other priorities in your life. If you tend toward procrastination, then you might need to strengthen your skill set before choosing an online course or program. Consider the following;
1) Printer repair training experts are on hand to give on the spot practical help and answer questions.
2) Opportunities to tackle real world examples from the field and questions outside the standard remit of the course.
3) Immediate help and support with correcting mistakes and getting it right.
4) Networking with other printer repair technicians and service managers, sharing experiences and social interaction.
5) Real, practical and hands on use of the tools and techniques to repair laser printers.
6) Expert printer trainers who make the learning experience engaging, interesting and enjoyable.
7) Printer training courses can be instantly adapted to suit the needs of the printer technicians.
8) Quiet, dedicated time out of the office to really focus on your needs.
9) Multi-sensory experience that appeals to more of your multiple intelligence.
10) Valuable feedback from the printer repair trainer and others in the group.
11) Opportunities to introduce scenario based learning activities.
Finally lets take a look at some occupations that remain hands on learning only. The following remain hands on learning because of the nature of the knowledge transfer.
Pretty Much Any Occupation With The Word Technician In It
While online education is a great method of learning task based knowledge, hands on printer repair training is hands down the best choice.
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.