Configuring Network For A HP Printer
Configuration steps for setting up your HP network printer. First you will configure your printer followed by configuring your Windows or Apple computer.
HP LaserJet 2430, 2420, 3005, 4000, 4050, 4100, 4200, 4300, 4250, 4350, 4500, 4550, 4700, 5si, 5000, 5100, 5200, 8500, 8550, 8000, and 8150 Series Printers HP Color LaserJet 5500 and 5550 Series Printers.
HP Professional Series 2500c Series Printer
HP LaserJet Enterprise M600, M601, M602, and M603 Series Printers and more
Steps for Configuring the Network Printer
1) Press Menu button until HP MIO 1 (or 2), or HP EIO 1 (or 2) appears.
2) Press ITEM button until CFG NETWORK = NO appears
3) Press the PLUS or VALUE button until CFG NETWORK = YES appears
NOTE: The CFG NETWORK = XXX (XXX being YES or NO) is a toggle, not a permanent setting. Changing it to YES allows the settings to be changed at that time. It will appear as CFG NETWORK = NO each time this menu is accessed.
4) Press SELECT or RESUME
5) Press ITEM repeatedly unit CFG TCP/IP = YES appears
NOTE: The CFG TCP/IP = XXX (XXX being YES or NO) is a toggle, not a permanent setting. Changing it to YES allows the settings to be changed at that time. It will appear as CFG TCP/IP = NO each time this menu is accessed.
6) Press SELECT or RESUME.
7) Press the ITEM repeatedly until BOOTP = YES* appears
8) Press the PLUS or VALUE button until BOOTP = NO appears
NOTE: When using BOOTP or DHCP keep the setting BOOTP = YES. The BOOTP or DHCP server will configure the TCP/IP parameters on the HP Jet Direct. No other TCP/IP configuring is necessary.
9) Press SELECT or RESUME
The following two steps apply to the HP JetDirect 610n cards only:
10) DHCP= YES appears
11) Press the PLUS or VALUE button until DCHP = NO appears
NOTE: When using DCHP, keep the setting DHCP =YES*. The DHCP server will configure the TCP/IP parameters on HP JetDirect. No other TCP/IP configuring in necessary.
12) Press ITEM until IP BYTE 1 = (value*) appears
13) Press ITEM to continue. Repeat Steps 11-13 to configure the remaining bytes of the IP address.
Repeat Steps 11-13 to configure the subnet mask bytes (SM BYTE 1 =), syslog server IP address (LG BYTE 1 =), default gateway (GW BYTE 1=), and timeout (TIMEOUT=)
14) Press ONLINE, GO or MENU. Print a self-test page to verify the IP settings.
If the test page does not show the correct settings, power cycle the printer an reprint the test page.
Configuring the Network Printer on your Computer
1) Select START
2) Select PRINTERS AND DEVICES
3) Select ADD PRINTER
4) Select NEXT
5) Select NETWORK PRINTER
6) Select CONNECT PRINTER TO INTERNET OR HOME NETWORK, type in URL
7) Select NEXT
8) The system will then prompt you to choose the right HP printer model and driver, if you do not have the driver for the printer. Drivers are available through the HP website.
9) Once you’ve installed the driver the laser printer should be installed!
Other Helpful Resources
Metrofuser is a leading global innovator, manufacturer of printer parts, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hp printer parts, printers and printer repair training. Parts include hp printer parts such as printer fusers, printer maintenance kits and other hp printer replacement parts. The company's, customers include office equipment dealerships, online retailers, repair centers and MPS service providers nationwide. Metrofuser has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies five consecutive years.